Helo Bob

   Biodiesel can be made an intergrated way  to produce  defated
soyabens for  beef meat substuite and the oil can be directly or via
transesterication  to produce Biodiesel.As peanut , soybeans as
leguminas , they can surely improve the sutainable  enegy and food
production.Now days we rae using soyproteins for animal
feed.Sustainable  small scale farming and small scale industries  are
social technology where as big mechanised  farming and large scale
industries  prefer ethanol as   apposed to smaller .Integrating small
and big  can be also done  by very good goverment to make  sustianble
devleopments .Surely Biodiesel can win over  etanol production from
ecological and economic point of view.

sd
Panniselvam

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 18:14:53 EDT
> Subject: Ethanol from corn vs Biodiesel from soy,etc.
> I have read various estimates about the net fuel gain from the production of
> ethanol from corn vs the production of biodiesel from soy.   (I'm aware that
> ethanol and biodiesel can be produced from other sources as well, but corn
> and soy seem to be dominate in the US.)   While the estimates vary, I would
> say that consistently the estimates for soy biodiesel are considerably more
> favorable than for corn ethanol.  I'm poorly informed on the economics of
> farming, but it would seem that farmers/ag corporations would see a greater
> profit potential in biodiesel, and that that would be good for the public at
> large as well.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts/information on why farmers wouldn't switch
> from corn to soy for the biofuel market?  Is it a matter of "market," in the
> sense that there's more demand for the ethanol?  Of the infrastructure cost
> of switching?  Or?
>
> I apologize if there is information on this topic in the archives and that I
> was too inept to find it, and I apologize if my questions are "naive."   It
> seems to me that biofuels will play a critical role in the national
> security, economy, environment, and human welfare in many countries and I'm
> trying to educate myself on the issues.
>

>                                 Bob
> messages):

 Pagandai V Pannirselvam
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte - UFRN
Departamento de Engenharia Química - DEQ
Centro de Tecnologia - CT
Programa de Pós Graduação em Engenharia Química - PPGEQ
Grupo de Pesquisa em Engenharia de Custos - GPEC

Av. Senador Salgado Filho, Campus Universitário
CEP 59.072-970 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Residence :
Av  Odilon gome de lima, 2951,
   Q6/Bl.G/Apt 102
   Capim  Macio
EP 59.078-400 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Telefone(fone ) ( 84 ) 3215-37690 Ramal210
                            32171557
Telefone(fax) ( 84 ) 3215-3770
            residencia 32171557

             Cellular  84  88145083