My experience with BD after the water wash is that it will always be murky. I let mine just sit there in the wash vessel for a minimum of one week, sometimes two weeks depending one ambient temperatue (and other factors that I don't even know about.) After this settling period the BD will be clear. If I am in a hurry I heat it up to 170 f. The BD can be floating above some of the last rinse water as this doesn't seem to effect the clarity in the end. At this very moment I have 50 gallons of washed BD in my wash tank floating on top of several gallons of water. This is nice and clear fuel, ready to go, but it's not going anywhere for a while because the pump barrel still has plenty of BD in it and that needs to be pumped into some lucky vehicle first............Drive down the road happy.........DB ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Thornton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:37 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] two questions on biodiesel storage

Greetings all,
I had a 10 gallon batch of biodiesel stored in my wash tank, undecanted from the water, stored in such a way for two weeks (busy with finals, then took a brief holiday). I've separated the bd and since washed it twice more yet it's appearance is murky. My two questions are 1)Could this be from leaving it in the wash tank for so long?
2) Are there any remedies?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Respect,
David Thornton