http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=diesel+motorcycle&btnG=Google +Search

I also saw this one mentioned on another forum recently.

http://tinyurl.com/b3ylx

  -M@

On Jul 13, 2005, at 2:21 PM, r wrote:

Try "diesel motorcycle" on Google.  I got a few hits when I tried it.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Bob,

I don't disagree that there is an abundance of waste vegetable oil out there. My curiosity in making it from scratch, comes from the same ideology that drives me to join this forum. Although I'm sure that I'll eventually be tapping into this source, I'm not convinced of it's sustainability for the individual. I try to look ahead toward a time when bio-based oils will have gained popularity and "waste" vegetable oil will be bought and sold between wholesalers and commercial processors.

I know this won't happen tomorrow but, like I said, If we are concerned about sustainability on a world-wide scale, maybe we should also be concerned about it on a macro or micro scale in terms of energy Independence.

Your point is duly noted. There may be no need to be concerned for a really long time. Besides, from one point of view, processing waste vegetable oil serves an important roll in conservation. So, as you've probably noticed, I'm still trying to figure out my priorities.

One thing is for sure: I'd really like to get a couple of diesel motorcycles for me and my fiance.

Mike

bob allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Howdy Mike, why not used vegetable oil? Even small burger joints
generate 10 or so gal a week. Around my parts the small operators have
to pay to have the stuff hauled off, so they are more than willing to
give it to me for free.

Michael Redler wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I know we've already discussed the variety of oil producing seeds and > related processes for extraction. My conclusion has been that I don't
> have enough land or time to process my own diesel fuel for the
> quantities that I need. However after researching the performance and
> availability of diesel motorcycles
> (http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_bikes.html and
> http://www.royal-enfield.de/main.htm) and revisiting some pages for
> small scale production, I'm having second thoughts. According to some
> estimates, yields can be as high as 100 gallons per acre.
>
> Can anyone who has processed their own biodiesel (from the ground up), > please help me get a feel for what I can expect if I decide to produce
> on a small scale (avg. 1-2 gal/week per year for seasonal riding).
>
> It might still be too much, even with the best yielding crops and plenty
> of land, sunshine and care. The bottom line is that I'm not sure.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" — Richard Feynman

_______________________________________________ Biofuel mailing list Biofuel@sustainablelists.org http://sustainablelists.org/ mailman/listinfo/biofuel_sustainablelists.org Biofuel at Journey to Forever: http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives (50,000 messages): http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sustainablelists.org/