Hey ya'll,

I have heard from many sources that the Cummins 5.9 TD is one of the
best diesel engines ever made.

Check the site at: www.greasel.com

(lifted directly from their web site---with regards to WVO oil use)

I have a 24 valve Cummins, can I convert it?
If it is between the years of 98.5 and 2002, and has a VP44 injection
pump, sadly we do not advocate the conversion of this engine, at this
time. We have spent allot of time and Money analyzing the effects of
veggie oil on this pump. In the end, although veggie oil was not
directly linked to the failure of the VP44 injection pump (it was an
electronic problem, not mechanical) there were enough gray areas that
we determined not to advocate conversion of this pump. The 03 and newer
24 valves are fine, and do not have any problems.

(End- lifted material---)

Apparently, the injection pump equipment prior to 1998.5 was quite good
for all around grease and biodiesel use.  Does your truck have a rotary
or inline injection pump?

The rotary injection pumps have one plunger whereas the inline style
injection pumps are much more sturdy.

Just my 2 cents.

Michael Lendzian
CINS Network Support Team
Columbus State University
CINS/Center for Commerce & Technology Room 105
706.568.2398 (desk)