Sorry if this is very late but I don't read the
postings that often. I don't know where you live but
it is common knowledge that the soil in the eastern
part of the united states is deficient in boron and
many farmers routinely add it to their soil. However I
don't think that boron deficiency is your problem it
seems to  me that the trees need more time to mature.
Boron will improve fruit production and root crops
such as beets, turnips and onions. Boron as Solubor
usually comes in a 50 pound sack and unless you are a
big agri-business 50 pounds is enough to last you
several lifetimes. You can purchase smaller amounts on
ebay. You might want to have your soil tested by a
company like Timberlake that checks all the
micronutrients and gives you exact measurements of
what organic fertilizers and soil amendments to add.

Ken