From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nancy Canning
Sent: 24 July 2005 13:08
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Science Under Siege

    KISS YOUR HEALTH GOODBYE!

      Carolyn Dean, MD, ND
      July 23, 2005
      NewsWithViews.com

      Thanks to The American Policy Center and NewsWithViews.com our
article
with the provocative title, "Kiss Your Vitamins Goodbye", flooded the
internet in the last two weeks of June leading up to the Codex
Alimentarius
meeting in Rome July 4-9, 2005. Millions of readers were on the edge of
their seats waiting to learn what was about to happen. This article is
report on that meeting.

      Just before several members of Friends of Freedom International
(FOFI)
left for Rome we were aware that neither the U.S. nor the Canadian
delegations to Codex were going to intercede to stop a restrictive and
compulsory guideline on vitamins and minerals to be adopted that could
overrule U.S. law and Canadian regulations with regard to dietary
supplements.

      And then the moment we were all waiting for - at 3:45 pm on July
4th
in Rome - we received a slap on the face and a swipe against our
independence. In a stuffy, sweltering room holding about 500 delegates
from
85 countries and many trade groups only one lone consumer
Non-Government
Organization (NGO) spoke out -National Health Federation. In that
instant
history was made and health was unmade -Codex adopted restrictive
vitamin
and mineral guidelines.

      At a time in history, with the developed world suffering from bad
nutrition, malnutrition and obesity; with our nutrient-deficient,
factory-farmed food, contaminated by pesticides and herbicides; with
existing regulations favoring packaged, processed, homogenized food;
and a
developing world not always knowing where their next meal (nutritious
or
not) is coming from, Codex, under the guidance of Germany and the
European
Union, adopted a draconian guideline for dietary supplements that puts
severe restrictions on the trade of nutrients above a certain low
level.

      It's even worse than that. Delegates from 85 countries adopted a
blank
piece of paper (risk assessment and safe upper limits for nutrients) to
be
filled in later when a committee -behind closed doors, decides on what
actual amounts of supplements will be allowed according to so-called
"risk
assessment".

      In my book, Death by Modern Medicine, I make the point that
peanuts
are way more dangerous than dietary supplements and include a full
paper in
the Appendix by Dr. Abram Hoffer attesting to the safety of supplements
and
exposing the reason why modern medicine and Big Pharma continually
attacks
them. It boils down to "follow the money". The enormous popularity of
dietary supplements is hurting the drug industry -an industry that
wants to
keep its dangerous drug monopoly over all aspects of our health and
disease
.

      Something else you need to know is that Dr. Rolf Grossklaus is
the
German chairman of the Food and Dietary Supplement Committee of Codex
and he
just happens to be a risk assessment expert in the German government
(which
only allows high-potency vitamins and herbs by prescription). His idea
of
vitamin and mineral risk is whether or not they interfere with drugs!

      As we said in "Kiss Your Vitamins Goodbye", the REAL reason for
promotion of "risk assessment" is based on two agendas. First, to be
able to
strip the over-the-counter marketplace of everything but low quality,
low
dose-level products that won't do much to support or improve health.
Second
,
to set up the framework to allow Big Pharma to take over the supplement
market as a new form of drugs where prices can be jacked up
outrageously and
doled out by doctors for a fee.

      Codex also adopted the dietary supplement guidelines at the same
time
officials were crying for more money from the WHO and FAO. Incredibly
the
analogy was made of a child (Codex) asking for more from its parents
(WHO
and FAO)! I heard it with my own ears!

      Also at that meeting the WHO agenda was rolled out. A WHO
representative, Dr. Kerstin Leitner, from Germany, Assistant
Director-General for Sustainable Development and Healthy Environments,
promoted the revised International Health Regulations that provided a
global
regulatory framework for international health in her opening remarks on
July
4th. Later in the week she admonished the Codex assembly that it was
doing
very little to support health in its work. You can be sure that she
will
"follow the money". If WHO is going to give more money to Codex, it
will
likely do so under the banner of Sustainable Development and Healthy
Environments as indicated by Dr. Leitner's title.

      This, I know, will strike a cord with the people FOFI members met
at
the Freedom 21 convention held in Reno, Nevada July 14-16, 2005, who
are
aware that the sustainable development movement is a front for taking
away
private property and educating children to be obedient workers in the
developing global economy. It's just another nail in freedom's coffin
and
another piece of the interlocking trade agreement puzzle that we are
trying
to solve.

      These restrictive vitamin and mineral levels are already accepted
standards in Germany and being imposed on the European Union as of
August
2005. For example, anything above the low amount of 225 mg per tablet
of
Vitamin C, or 15 mg of Vitamin E, or an incredibly low 5.4 mg of
Vitamin B6
will have to be obtained with a doctor's prescription -after you pay
the
doctor a fee, the dispensing fee, and the inflated price -of course.

      If you pursue the "follow the money" theory of global government
you
realize that the two interests served with this restrictive vitamin
list are
the doctors and the drug and vitamin companies that make cheap
synthetic
vitamins. Banned are high quality, high potency, natural source,
innovative
nutrients; bankrupted are the dietary supplement companies that make
them
and the retailers and their staff who sell them; and destined to suffer
further nutritional deficiency are you and me and the rest of the world
population.

      Our nutrients will not disappear tomorrow but take some pictures
now
of the supplements on the shelf of your health food store. Better
still,
take pictures of your health food store, because things are going to
change
.

      Codex is a joint venture between the United Nation's World Health
Organization and Food and Agriculture Organization (WHO/FAO) but
receives
considerable input from The World Trade Organization (WTO), which will
now
have powers to enforce Codex "guidelines" as the world standard for
trade in
dietary supplements. Gradually, under HARMonization, pill-by-pill, our
access to the dietary supplements we depend upon will disappear. This
will
happen because a focus on the business of vitamins and not on the
healthful
benefits of vitamins turns them into just another commodity. Like soap
flakes, to be made as cheaply as possible and sold to the highest
bidder.

      HARMonization also means that small and medium sized businesses
and
multilevel marketing companies will eventually be forced out of
business if
they try to sell high quality supplements across borders. This will
happen
when some other country (European perhaps?) decides that North American
products constitute a "barrier" to selling their lower quality products
on
our soil under the "Technical Barriers to Trade" clauses in WTO, NAFTA,
and
CAFTA treaties.

      When our Friends of Freedom International members spoke with the
head
of the U.S. and Canadian Codex delegations, they maintained that
vitamins
and minerals would not be affected within our countries. But they were
both
surprised to learn that since Canada forced supplements into a drug
category
in January 2004 many U.S. companies are having border issues and cannot
trade with Canada until they comply with Canada's new regulations. The
same
will happen all over the world when the Codex standards for vitamins
are
implemented and enforced. Unless countries comply with the new
guidelines
they won't be able to sell their goods outside their own borders.

      The U.S. and Canadian delegation also seems to be under the
proverbial
gun because they have been constantly out-maneuvered by the European
Union,
which seems to rule the roost at Codex. It appears, from what we
witnessed
at Codex, that dietary supplements are the least of their concerns
-which is
why we must make sure they realize that they are a major concern for
us, our
health and the health of our loved ones. If we don't do that, with
might as
well just Kiss Our Health Goodbye!

      ACT NOW:

      Go to www.friendsoffreedominternational.org and click on your
elected
representatives and tell them to Say NO to CAFTA and Don't Touch DSHEA
in
Any Way! Purchase "Death by Modern Medicine" and view and purchase the
new
movie on Codex and Free Trade called "We Become Silent" by Kevin
Miller.
Proceeds from the sale of these products are crucial to help fund our
health
freedom action.

      A9 2005 Carolyn Dean - All Rights Reserved