~$65 per barrel US by EOY 2005

IF this prediction holds, then ~$77 per barrel US by sometime in the range of Dec06 to March07.

...and it is never going back down to the ~$30-$40 range unless something very surprising happens.

These predictions are based on models I've made which include the effects of the economic growth of China and the US-Iraq war. They do not include what the effect would be if a substantial percentage of the world's dino-diesel and gasoline use was replaced by biodiesel use, nor do I claim to have any understanding as to how high that percentage would have to be to significantly impact crude oil prices.

The Biodiesel community should be galvanized by current oil price trends since, even without these predictions, biodiesel should be an economically viable competitor to gas and dino-diesel (Unless Dr Pimentel et. al. at Cornell are correct.).

Yet I'm not seeing nearly the traffic on this list as I'd expect on serious efforts to gear up mass biodiesel production:
A- Better crop choices, including breeding or genetically engineering for such
B- Better production processes, both in terms of efficiency and safety
C- Better _mass_ production processes, ditto
D- Better engines, including ideas like biodiesel / electric hybrids.
E- Better vehicles in general

Not to mention conservation topics:
F- Getting what's on the road to be cleaner and more efficient no matter what they use as fuel. G- Figuring out ways to reduce our use of oil, particularly foreign oil (using non local sources of energy is not as sustainable as using local ones.)

and
H- where are the biodiesel mass production start up companies? Why aren'y we hearing about more of them or more about the ones that do exist?