Greetings,

Garth and I spent a wonderful weekend with Paul and Bonnie, the owners of www.oneseedling.com

It was a wonderful weekend of information sharing, aquaponics, the simple life and methane production. They have a methane digester that runs straight off their toilet! Too cool. No buckets to carry so I am real interested. My problem is that their system is too small for us. I have more rabbit doodoo than I can use in vermiculture and I need more methane than for just cooking.

I was wondering, if I could created a system that would work by using some European technology. If memory serves, many place in Europe use a small 1.5 inch pipe for sewer and use a chopper of sorts in the line. I am thinking this chopper would allow me to run the pipes a little farther with a real low water toilet and I too, could eliminate my buckets.

Will someone from Europe that is familiar with plumbing in old stone buildings please comment? Exactly what kind of chopper do they use? Any idea what would be a North American equivalent?

Bright Blessings,
Kim