I agree.

The problem is, anyone with two or more brain cells, and is willing to do some serious thinking can cause problems.

Greg H.

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Street
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2005 14:32
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] blackout 8-14-2003, some comments

Hi Brian;

Hey Joe
First thing I thought of after reading your story about the power grid being hit by bad guys is don’t give them any ideas.

Yeah I went through those thoughts myself  in October 2001 when all the radio stations were asking callers to chime in on how we should protect ourselves.  I decided not to call in for that reason but I contacted one of the local radio announcers and told him I had several thoughts about our vulnerability but did not want to air them. I thought that it was good to brainstorm and get ideas in to the authorities but just did not want to do it in an open forum that way.  So he convinced me to email him some thoughts and he would pass them on to the appropriate channels.  The next day there was a black car parked out on my street watching my movements for about a week! This pissed me off to no end so one day I left as usual to walk to work in the morning but then circled back out of sight and jumped my neighbour's fence, snuck up to the car via the driver's blind spot and stood there by his door.  Imagine his surprise when he finally noticed me standing there looking over his shoulder observing his radios and note taking! LMAO.  With goons like these 'protecting' us god help us!

Then I had another naïve thought (maybe inane would be a better word), what do these terrorists want from us? Let’s find out and give it to them! But then I came to my senses and remembered, they want us dead. Whoops, maybe we shouldn’t give it to them after all.

I really don't think so.  I think they want to get our attention.  I think they want us to change and force our governments and businesses to change the way they operate around the world.  I think they want things to be a little more balanced and if they were that way they wouldn't bother with all this. They wouldn't have a need to.  I'm sure they don't want to be suicidal anymore than any of us would.

 In the back of my mind I had the notion that by researching biofuels and perhaps implementing some sort of alternative fuel strategy I would be putting my family into a group of people that do not want to invade countries for their energy and thus making me somehow better than the rest. Hmmm, it was a nice thought but even with a more sustainable lifestyle we will not appease fanatics.

I really shudder when I hear people talk that way.  The definition of fanaticism is really something to ponder.  Would you be called a fanatic if you had to resort to extreme measures to protect your loved ones from a bully down the street for instance? What if you had no other recourse?  I really detest the methods they employ obviously but they don't have much in the way of a voice or bargaining chip otherwise now do they?

They will probably want me dead anyway and the descendants of these  crazy killers will no doubt be even more angry having lost loved ones.

You are here on this list but your language indicates that you haven't given a lot of consideration to the propaganda that you have been fed and at least in part obviously digested.

It goes on and on. Is the USA to stay in Iraq until we can no longer afford to be there? What happens when these liberators of freedom in Iraq find that Iraqi oil fields have peaked?

It goes on until it ends.  When all the parties involved take responsibility for thier actions and when everyone has an equal voice and is given equal consideration at the bargaining table there will be a chance for peace at least.

Questions questions.

I am frightened about the future we have created for our children.

Me too man. Me too.

Joe