Hello to every one

   Very simple bio process using mushroom Pluretus can give substrate
for  simultaneous  saccharification(hydrolysis) and fermentation ,
this can lead to low alcohol content , but  a simple solvent
extraction with Castor oil as outlined  in
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.html.This can lead to  hydrous
alcohol which can be used  directly used as feed stocks (raw material)
after removal of the water using compressed air  and zeolites
adsorption.Surely this can low energy consuming process and can be
done in a decentralised small scale biomass  refinery as alternate to
the petroleum refinery.

sd
Pannir

On 8/4/05, Brian Rodgers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Now that you bring up this point about yeast and fungi eating sugar the same
> stuff needed to ferment, it occurs to me that these fungi folks were unaware
> that I was trying to ferment the sawdust. Their original plan as I recall
> was to help my friend who owns a small sawmill to dispose of sawdust. Oh
> well at this point it is still in the thinking about it stage. I will gladly
> leave some of this learning the hard way stuff for next season, or as they
> say around here "Mañana"
>
>  I will apprise you all of the mushroom experiment as it develops.
>
>  Brian Rodgers My hopes go up and down up and down.
>  Brian
>
> Hello Brian. This is most intriguing. Let me describe another sawdust expt.
> which I did in my kitchen. I first placed the  sawdust in a clean wide mouth
> plastic feeding bottle, anchored it in a pot of water, and boiled for 30
> min. with lid on to sterilise the sawdust. On cooling a small piece of
> edible 'oyster mushroom' was dipped for short time in 'chlorox' solution
> (dilute sodium hypochlorite solution) and quickly inserted into sawdust with
> sterilised tongs. The mouth of the bottle was stuffed with sterile cotton. I
> was of course trying to make edible mushroom. sure enough the white
> mycellium grew for 2-3 wks. A black coloured spot suddenly appeared and
> quickly spread throughout the bottle killing the oyster, probably due to
> poor sterile technique. The oyster mushroom was fresh from the supermarket.
> It was growing for few weeks. I did not measure the glucose content for
> which sterile water inlet/outlet fittings would have been necessary. I also
> did not continue mushroom expts. in my kitchen, although I used it from time
> to time for tinkering with kitchen chemistry, courtesy of my dear wife, who
> is now looking over my shoulder at all this with a smile. Cheers.
>
> This is very helpful. Thank you so much. I have passed this along to my
> friends in the New Mexico Mycological Society. http://www.mycowest.org/nmms/
> Let's see if they can get on the ball.
> I received several responses about the wood digesting mushroom at the
> Biofuels group. I wish I knew more about how mycelia operated. I don't know
> which is the most  useful feedback, so I posted the letters here for all
> mycological society  types out there. Please interpret and give me some
> feedback so I can pass it along to these other scientific types. At first I
> thought maybe we were barking up the wrong tree and then one fellow said,
> Yes Oyster mushrooms, find the right one and grow some. Very cool. You mean
> we aren't totally off the wall? Brian Rodgers

> messages):

  Pagandai V Pannirselvam
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte - UFRN
Departamento de Engenharia Química - DEQ
Centro de Tecnologia - CT
Programa de Pós Graduação em Engenharia Química - PPGEQ
Grupo de Pesquisa em Engenharia de Custos - GPEC

Av. Senador Salgado Filho, Campus Universitário
CEP 59.072-970 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Residence :
Av  Odilon gome de lima, 2951,
   Q6/Bl.G/Apt 102
   Capim  Macio
EP 59.078-400 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Telefone(fone ) ( 84 ) 3215-37690 Ramal210
                            32171557
Telefone(fax) ( 84 ) 3215-3770
            residencia 32171557

             Cellular  84  88145083