Here's a thought to warm some of your hearts...

From: Ed Chenel, A police officer in Australia

Hi Yanks,

I thought you all would like to see the real figures from "Down
Under". It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were
forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be
destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers
more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 %;
Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 %;
Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 % (yes, 44 %!).
In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 %. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not! and criminals still possess their guns!).

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease
in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in
the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their
prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults
of the elderly.

Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety
has decreased, after such monumental effort and
expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of
guns." You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your
governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience proves it. Guns in the hands of honest
citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only
the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!

FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. [ I DID ] DON'T BE A MEMBER OF THE SILENT MAJORITY. BE OF THE VOCAL MINORITY WHO WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN IN THE U.S.A