Please, I have not heard of this use of MoS2 before.

Greg H.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 08, 2005 7:07
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] ethanol from wood using mushrooms

I was reading just yesterday about using white rot fungus in the form of mushrooms of the common button type as selective for lignin and leaving the cellulose and hemicellulose alone as part of a pulping scheme.  The cellulose and maybe the hemicellulose can then be fermented to ethanol.  (Another approach is using a MoS2 catalyst.)  It was a PhD thesis, but I don’t have it with me.  I can look it up if interested.

Ken