-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Appal Energy
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2005 5:51 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] RE: jelly

But is the jelly a typical sign of over dosing?
I have a problem with disposing of the mess I
have made if there is a way to salvage it.

Take a small sample and see how much concentrated sulfuric or phosphoric
acid it takes to crack the soap portion of the top jelly layer.

This is the same thing that is done with the glyc cocktail to recover the
free fatty acids.

Todd Swearingen

DERICK GIORCHINO wrote:

Hi Keith More
Thanks for you response.
I tried the world famous chop stick titration technique. Wow what a
difference in my titration  #.
I did a 1 ltr test in a soda bottle, with excellent result almost
instantly.
But here is where I got into trouble. The next batch was 20 liters I had some methoxide mixed from a prior batch
that was also a failure and I couldn't figure what to do with the toxic mix
so I tried to dilute it to 10 g.p. liter. I did my mixing of the 20 liters.
As it cooled it turned into what looks like lard. I felt that I may have
overdosed it. So I then took some test bottles and put 20% failure oil and
75% fresh wvo set it in the sun to melt/ liquefy. (105 deg F) shook it hard
also a 50/50 mix in the hot state it seamed to separate better 25/75 than
the 50/50 but as the sun went down and it cooled the 25/75 started to jell
and the glycerol layer vanished but the 50/50 looked much better with a
glycerol layer jelled at the bottom. I m not asking for a fix. But is the