Malcolm,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I missed your post.

I have done some thinking and reading about the CO2 and H2S issues in
BioMethane.

If the BioMethane is bubbled through lime water, the CO2 will combine with
the Calcium in lime water, to make CaCO3 ( calcium carbonate  or " chalk
" ).    This method will also take care of a little of the H2S ( see
below ).

The H2S is a little trickier, you want to remove the Sulfur, but, leave the
Hydrogen, as it would add BTU's to your final product.

This can be done a couple of ways depending on what you want as a byproduct.
The first way is to bring it in contact with lime/limestone where the Sulfur
reacts with the calcium, to form gypsum and the hydrogen goes on it's merry
way.
The second way, is to bring it into contact with iron filings, and the
sulfur reacts with the iron  to form iron pyrite ( iron sulfate ).
A problem with iron pyrite, is one of disposal.    It can be used, in small
amounts to neutralize alkaline soils.    The iron can also be recharged, by
exposing to air, but, that releases the sulfur into the air ( IIRC as sulfur
trioxide ), but, with a large amount exposure to the air has to be done
slowly or an exothermic reaction occurs ( for the uninformed, this means
that it might burst into flame ).

I don't have the chemistry know-how to say if you could use the chalk to
neutralize the iron sulfate, and what the results might be, but, it might be
possible.    Perhaps someone else on the list knows.

I hope this helps.

Greg H.