Both do well as do Peekings, which are also good to eat.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

At 10:28 AM 8/9/2005, you wrote:
Hi Kim,

Thanks, I'll keep looking. BTW which duck controls mosquitos in ponds, mallards or muscovies?

Tom Irwin

From: Garth & Kim Travis [ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 08:16:25 -0300
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Turkeys

Greetings,

There are some breeds that will actually breed and raise their own young.  I haven't had turkeys for about 5 years, so I am not naming breeds since I would probably mix them up.  The turkeys that have been bred to have the heavy breasts are the worst, the closer to wild you can stay, the better.

I have rarely eaten veal, I refuse to eat it since the animals are so mistreated in the US.  Muscovy tastes like duck to me, but I like duck.  I grew up eating it and only tasted veal as an adult.  What I like about the Muscovy is the number of meals it makes.  Killing a mallard duck seems silly, all that work to barely feed 2 people.  I sometimes keep them just to keep the mosquitos under control on my ponds.

Bright Blessings,
Kim