Hi all and Mike,

In a way, this site is part of the revolution already. By sharing what we know with each other we defeat those who wish to monopolize information and knowlegde for greedy purposes. Sure there are those of us who have businesses and will profit by our work. We're talking companies and famly owned busnesses, real free enterprise. We search for and utilize sustainable methods for the long term. Most here if not all are not interested in making the fast dollar. Our bottom line is determined by calculating all costs including the human and the environmental. We may not have the great sums of money corpoartions have but we can move more quickly because we are not burdened by huge size. It's simple to turn a canoe around to the right path and requires little space. This is not so for aircraft carriers. We can outcompete the corpoartions by not selling out, having long term planning, a greater spirit of ownership and stewardship, better innovation and higher yield and growth by seeking out and helping individuals succeed, Finally when united we can beat them at the ballot box, if we continue to get our message of sustainable development out. Corporation like big chemical and big oil are dinosaurs and we all know what happened to them during the last big climate change.

Tom Irwin

From: Michael Redler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:01:00 -0300
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Sustainable World Coming

"Tewolde warned against GM crops that represent a further decrease in diversity and an increase in the privatisation of nature."

The thing I'm trying to wrap my mind around is the idea of nearly everything becoming someone else's intellectual property. That is to say, if a company has the "legal" authority to tell us what we can and can't do with food, how does a government (not of, by, or for the people) enforce it without a police-state? Furthermore, if revolutions can start with a bread revolt, what happens when the government not only controls the entire food supply, but literally takes food away from you because you "broke the law"?

With multinational corporations currently taking over governments and beginning to take control of the food supply, how can anyone not believe that a worldwide revolt is in the future of us or our children unless there is a spike in public education - soon?

Mike