Oh, when I saw the header I though...oh, never mind.

Keith Addison wrote:

Hello Jim

Hello again,
Just a quick question. Is there any reason not to use ethanol?

Please see:

Ethyl esters -- making ethanol biodiesel
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#ethylester

I have a cheap and abundant source and see no reason to use the more dangerous methanol. ( Okay, I have a still). I make my own so will other costs rise due to the use of high proof 'squeezins'? I make from sugar cane. The further finished product would nornally be rum. But I can redistill to higher proof.

But not to 100%.

And since I make it cheap, the recovery is not so much of a need.
Any thoughts?

Go ahead and try, maybe you'll find something new. Not for novices though.

Best wishes

Keith

Jim