-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Garth & Kim
Travis
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 7:05 AM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: RE: [Biofuel] The New Blue States/Country

Greetings,

No, I do not yearn for Canada.  Canadians have their faults too, just
different ones.  Me meek, not in this lifetime.  It is true that the red
in
my hair is more a memory than reality these days, I am used to standing
up
for what I believe is right.

Actually the racism is what I find hardest to take in the US and no, it
is
not just in the south.  The closed neighborhoods that do not want change
or
new people are not particularly healthy either.  What really upset me
when
I first moved here were the neighborhoods based on a certain religion!
How
to create narrow minded children.  However, I do understand that such
neighborhoods are now springing up in Canada, as well.

The main difference I find is the lack of tolerance for anyone different
or
anything different.  I guess Canadians have so many immigrant per
capita,
that interest in the different cultures has managed to keep things a
little
more tolerant.  And yes, I am well aware of the prejedice that those
from
Pakistan ran into when they arrived in Canada.  I am not saying anyone
is
perfect.

Bright Blessings,
Kim

At 03:22 PM 8/16/2005, you wrote:
>Kim,
>
>Gracious me!  As they say the meek shall inherit the earth!  I believe
>that you fit that bill.  How soothing and reflective are your words.
>You must yearn for Canada.  I am curious as to what you are referring
>wrt "American attitudes?"  It doesn't sound very complimentary.  Not
>that I'm offended though I am interested in your perspective.
>
>Tim
>
>--

Search the combined Biofuel and Biofuels-biz list archives (50,000
messages):