I remember seeing some one in china converting plastic into petrol.

if you put tin cans in a fire it burns off the zinc & anti rust coatings
Some places will how ever recycle cans.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Rich
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2005 4:01 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: [Biofuel] Plastic and metal recycling

Does Journey to Forever have any tips on recycling plastic and metal?
The only reference I found on Journey to Forever was that Mike Pelly
using salvage scrap metal for his equipment.   I know plastic is not
compostable, obviously it needs some pre-treatment before even
attempting to bring plastic back into nature.  Maybe use ultraviolet
rays to degrade plastic?  How about metal cans, can the natural decay of
metal be accelerated?  What are consumer-grade metal cans made of?

messages):