Hi Rich

  The use of composting  as the pre treatment  have several disadvantages.Instead of  selective removal of lignin the hemicelluose and cellulose are significantly lost as well as the long processing time ,  the need for mixed inoculations  and also as the problem of contamination.

  Surley  yet  this method  can be  apropriate for rural areas

sd
Pannirselvam

--
Pagandai V Pannirselvam
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte - UFRN

Av. Senador Salgado Filho, Campus Universitário
CEP 59.072-970 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Residence :
Av  Odilon gome de lima, 2951,
   Q6/Bl.G/Apt 102
   Capim  Macio
EP 59.078-400 , Natal/RN - Brasil

Telefone(fone ) ( 84 ) 3215-37690 Ramal210
                            32171557
Telefone(fax) ( 84 ) 3215-3770
            residencia 32171557

             Cellular  84  88145083