Hello David

>Hakan Falk wrote:
>
>>David,
>>
>>So it is legal in US to suggest that a man should be assassinated?
>>

>I expect that's covered under free speech.
>
>I'd personally rate Robertsons comments as up there with any number
>of people who advocate the death of Bush for crimes against humanity
>or somesuch.  If Bush were assasinated would these people really be
>responsible?

Maybe I didn't notice but I have not heard of anyone calling for the
death of Bush. Excepting some of the victims of course, but not
anybody in the US, which I think is what you're talking about.

>It's legal in the US to hold an opinion that someone should be
>killed.  It's legal to express that opinion.  Bear in mind, of
>course, that IANAL.
>
>It crosses the line when it becomes "inciting to violence" or
>something clearer, like paying someone to perform the murder.
>
>>What if Chavez is murdered is murdered and CIA is behind it, will he
>>not be pursued for suggesting it?
>>
>I don't believe so.  The idea that the CIA would do something
>because this nut thought it was a good idea is laughable.
>
>Take a step back and listen to yourself.  Does anyone on this list
>thing anyone at the CIA is going to wake up and say "HEY!  Robertson
>thinks we should assasinate a foreign head of state!  Guess we'd
>better start laying plans"
>
>C'mon, that's just silly.

I'd be surprised if there weren't at least elements within the CIA
who're thinking the same way as Robertson. I think the administration
thinks the same way as Robertson. A lot of people think that. I think
Chavez thinks that too. Have a look at this:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cgi-bin/htsearch?method=and&format=short&c
onfig=biofuel_sustainablelists_org&restrict=&exclude=&words=chavez