Just wanted to thank Keith, et al. for this interesting, albeit politically skewed at times list serve.  I learn a lot from the exchanges, and am very appreciative. I'm not going to respond to the political chatter, because I'm more interested in learning how do free myself from fossil fuels, and hopefully save a few dollars

A question for my esteemed teachers:  is any Diesel motor OK for bio diesel?  I am thinking about going out and trading my Suburban in for one of the new GMC Diesel Sierra's, or something else, if anyone has a better suggestion.  I have a big family, and need at least 7 seats.  The Chevy Sprinter might be a little big for my wife (she needs the car for carting the kids to school, doing the shopping, etc.)

I would consider getting a used VW Transporter, Eurovan or something, but I don’t know much about automotive mechanics, and therefore am reluctant to get a used car that I might have to take in for troubleshooting all too often.

So if anyone out there can point me in the right direction regarding diesel vans, I'd be extremely appreciative

And again, thank you all so much for your fascinating information, and for showing us all that there really is a way out of this petroleum morass.

Very gratefully,

Drew