Keith,
 As an Aussie, I have to agree with you. The Ethanol debate was derailed by
vested interests. The issue was that some fuel discounters were adulterating
fuel with low taxed substitutes and this was causing issues with some cars.
 This misinformation now means that the market is distorted against ethanol.

 There is a tax on home-brew Biodiesel, when used on the road. Off road use
does not attract this tax. I have never heard of anyone actually being
prosecuted for this offense...

regards Doug

ps: I think Robertson should be charged with inciting terrorism....