[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all
>
> You don't need to compress the hydrogen, there are electrolisers which
> work a 200 bar (3000 psi, yes three thousand psi) and are being used in
> the UK to produce hydrogen from excess wind genaration and feed it
> through a fuel cell in calm periods, to produce electricity.

        But you'll never be able to buy one.  Companies that produce
electrolyzers remain deeply concerned about liability.  Hydrogen is
hard to store, and viable, safe options (like hydrides) are expensive.
  Nonetheless, a home built, low pressure electrolyzer and a hydride
storage system is considerably cheaper and more easily purchased than
a high pressure electrolyzer.

        I used to find hydrogen interesting . . .

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca