Brian,

"Are you simply changing DC to AC?"

Yes.

"If I was trying to do this the first thing I would do is hit the standard circuit design books."

So would I. The filter has less to do with sine wave synthesis and more to do with ensuring a clean signal. There is also the added bonus of creating/using  more primitive signal generators without sacrificing quality since the filter will reject unwanted signals.

"The next thing I would do is look at a modern UPS and see how the pros are inverting DC to AC. Or just take the circuit out of an old working battery backup and recycle it."

Yep. I'm still with you Brian.

"I hope it gets you off the edge you were hangin on."

I haven't the foggiest notion what you mean by that.

Mike

Brian Rodgers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi I have a bit of electronic knowledge albeit a tad rusty.
I followed your link but without knowing what you are trying to do I
am at a loss as well.
What are you inverting?
Are you simply changing DC to AC?
If I was trying to do this the first thing I would do is hit the
standard circuit design books.
That was back in the day when we relied on books, hehe I just googled
dc ac inverter circuit design and found all sorts of stuff. Take a
look at this for example:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/samschem.htm#schiin
The next thing I would do is look at a modern UPS and see how the pros
are inverting DC to AC. Or just take the circuit out of an old working
battery backup and recycle it. Ups often have dead batteries but still
invert DC to AC.
I hope it gets you off the edge you were hangin on.
Brian Rodgers