Kim,

"I don't see that a rant against people who have endangered themselves and others is out of line."

I have no problem voicing my opposition to what I feel is a bad decision. If I knew that an individual was aware of the advanced warning and ignored it, I'd have no problem telling him/her that the decision was stupid. ...but a rant against people? who exactly?

I admire your willingness to donate but, disappointed by your willingness to pass judgment. There will be days when I screw up. If you're there when it happens, I won't be sure whether to be grateful for your generosity or feel patronized by your words because I expect them to be as much about me as they would be about my decisions.

"God helps those who help themselves?"

A biblical reference is the last thing I expected to see after you describe a "rant" as "not out of line".

Did you forget Matthew 7:1?

Bright Blessings,

Mike

Garth & Kim Travis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Greetings,

I am wondering, are Greg and I the only ones that feel frustration with
people who don't care about their lives, then expect someone else to pick
up the pieces?

Greg has not condemned anyone who tried to help themselves, just those who
don't. I can remember my parents being irate with a neighbor when we were
growing up for the same kind of behavior. There was a broken water main
and it flooded the basements of the houses. The one guy on the street that
was always bragging about his new toys, was the one that didn't have the
money to fix his house, because he didn't pay his insurance premiums. I
mean, who expects a flood in Calgary, Alberta, Canada? I am afraid they
were not very polite when someone came canvassing for money to help the guy.

How about: God helps those who help themselves?

I don't see that a rant against people who have endangered themselves and
others is out of line.

And yes, I have already donated help and I am working on more for the
people of Louisianna.

Bright Blessings,
Kim