From: Manick Harris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Sent: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 02:21:06 -0300

Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Drying ethanol

Yes, after making temperature correction for water at 25-30C I get 0.785  which is very near literature value of 0.7893 for ethanol and pure enough for mixing. Could you please enlighten me why you did not opt for E85 auto which I understand is available in USA?

Tom Irwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Manick,

I just ran a density test. I got 0.7824g/cc vs. .7893g/cc from my CRC handbook. The original material is .7924g/cc.  That's about a 10 or 12 % removal. with some slop for my measuring technique this might be good stuff. I'll try mixing it with gasolene next. Thanks all.

Tom Irwin