Thank you, Mr juan,
I have now full details of MTBE and only other use for it in industrial solvents but when a oil firm imports a large qty it can only be for mixing with petrol (gasoline) as an octane booster without caring for the health of unvary users.
I am writing to (our) Govt of India.

Regards,
Subramanian

Juan Boveda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Subramanian.
For the possibles uses of MTBE try a search at the United States Patent
Office using MTBE or Methyl Terbutyl Ether.

www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

www.uspto.gov/netahtml/search-bool.html

It might be a lot but select for chemical synthesis using MTBE as one of
the reacting compounds, specially if you know or are able to know, that
they have at least a chemical reactor for organic synthesis. With that
information you could look for the line of products from that 'reputed oil
refining and marketing company' and guest if they can use in some of them.
So, you will be somehow ready for the answer 'we use it for that products,
not for gasoline'.
Regards.

Juan