Very interesting. While the folks at redstate.org are already
counter-spinning hard due to the supposed bias in the "MSM" (Mainstream
Media), more intellectual folks are starting to ask if  Katrina
represents a tipping point for the current administration and their
worldview.

I first noticed it with Fukuyama's recent column about Iraq on Tuesday.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/opinion/31fukuyama.html

Then Brooks wrote an interesting history of Floods and US politics.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/01/opinion/01brooks.html

The same day Douthat wrote an eye-opening piece on the neo-con world
view and how it deals with 9/11 versus Katrina.
http://www.theamericanscene.com/2005/09/anti-911-on-september-11-there-was.php

Noam Scheiber at the New Republic replied to Douthat's piece.
http://www.tnr.com/etc.mhtml?pid=2764

Then Tom Bartnett said the Bush admin "makes Jon Stewart's job such a
frickin' cakewalk that the man should send his Peabody's to the White
House as a thank-you."
http://www.thomaspmbarnett.com/weblog/archives2/002244.html

And finally, today Brooks essentially said we've already reached the
tipping point since the Bush adminstration lacks competence.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/04/opinion/04brooks.html

Very interesting times we live in.

jh