Sent: Sunday, September 04, 2005 3:11 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Source for recycled WVO?

My first thought is to look on the waste oil Dumpsters behind restaurants. The ones I see have their name and number on them. You just might want to use a phone that won't be traced back to you for starters. They own the oil in them and if you start dumpster diving they will know where to look for their missing oil.
Just a thought
Best of luck
Roy Washbish

Manny Elgarresta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello!  this is my first post to the list.  I am a newcomer to biofuel, but I am quickly learning a lot, thanks in no small part to this list.  For example, just a week ago I thought the FuelMeister was great!  Now I can see it is an overpriced and underperforming.

I have not yet decided on going with biodiesel or SVO, but as I learn more, I am leaning towards BD.

Regardless of my ultimate choice, I am going to need a source for veggie oil that's cheap and convenient.

Obviously the cheapest source is free restaurant oil.  I know that.  Thanks.

Another idea I am playing with is to set up a 300 to 500 gallon tank next to my garage and buy in bulk from a recycler of WVO.  The trouble is, I can find nothing in google, Alta Vista, etc on the prices of this product, or even if it is available in those relatively small quantities.  If I can get it for say, a dollar a gallon or less, it will still be a huge moeny saver for me, and I dare say much more convenient than collecting my own.

You may think I am lazy...and you would be right.. but there IS another reason for my wanting to find an ultra-convenient way for doing this.  The area I live in is chock full of popular international celebrities, like Ricky Martin, the Bee Gees, J-Lo, etc, and I want to "show off" this biofuel thing to the whole neighborhood.  Now, while I may have fun with the DIY aspect of getting my own WVO for free, and I would love to save the extra money free WVO represents, I also want to make using WVO MORE CONVENIENT than going to the gas station.  If I can accomplish that, start getting some of my more famous neighbors to convert to this, and put the stories on TV (I'm a freelance TV producer), the movement may get a shot in the arm.

So...does anyone know of a WVO recycling plant I can call?  Or at least the correct search words I can plug into google?