Message: 6
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:15:34 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
From: "Jerry Eyers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Vacation is Over... an open letter from Michael
        Moore   to George W. Bush
To: <Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>

>Have you ever worked for the federal government?  Do you know the real

Actually, yes.  That is why I know what I know, and am amazed at times
that the government can accomplish anything! :-) (*doh*)
BUT THAT IS THEIR PRIMARY FUNCTION

>dedicated, intelligent and caring people (Democrats) took it to the

And Republicans, I don't think this follows any "party" line, but rather
more conservative/liberal line, not party lines.  There hasn't been a
presi that has followed "party" lines for several election cycles.

>They chose to have no follow on plan in Iraq.  It's eerily similar to
NA.
THEY ALSO CHOSE TO HAVE NO ANTI TERRORISM PLAN BEFORE 9/11.  RUMSFELD
WAS SUPPOSED TO "HEAD" THE ANTI-TERRORISM GROUP, BUT NEVER HAD ONE
MEETING!!!

True.  Their goal in Iraq was different than any other (like
Afghanistan).
In Afghanistan their goal was to topple the regime and the entire ruling
body and replace it with a different one (not learn the lesson from
Russia??)  BUT THE TALIBAN IS BACK IN BUSINESS- - - -
while
in Iraq, the goal was to get one man, and minimize the collateral
damage. (OOPS, WELL ONE OUT OF 2 AINT BAD)
They should have known that wasn't going to work.  When they tried to
arrange post war reconstructionist, they were blasted for trying to make
their "constituents" wealth (remember a certain film) so they were
gun-shy
when it came to Iraq, and did nothing.  Neither was a good approach.

But, neither of these incidents have anything to do with N.O., nor the
lack of response to N.O.  ALTHOUGH I AGREE THAT BUSH HAD LITTLE TO DO
WITH POST HURRICANE HELP, HE DID CUT FUNDS FOR FEMA, LEVEE WORK.  IN
ADDITION, NATIONAL GUARD TROOPS WERE BUSY "FIGHTING TERRORISM" IN IRAQ
AND AFGHANASTAN AND IRAN (OOOPS - YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT YET).

QUESTION: WHAT IF "AL KADA" HAD OPENED THE LEVEE?  WHERE'S THE PLAN??
WHERE'S 'HOMELAND SECURITY' OR "HOMELAND INSECURITY"
JMHO - AK

That blame falls squarely on D.H.S., not the
presi.  He had (to his mind) placed those in position that were supposed
to handle that kind of incident.  His fault is that when he saw they
were
not doing their job, he should have stepped in and took command
(i.e. job of commander and chief) and got the ball rolling.  He didn't.
That's where his fault is in this incident.  YEAH - HE CUT HIS
FUNDRAISING TRIP SHORT AND FLEW OVER THE CITY.  TOLD HIS WORKER BEES
THEY BETTER DO SOME OF THAT 'HARD WORK'.  NOW IT'S ALL BETTER.

Let's not spout political garbage and rhetoric that you hear in the
media,
let's look at the facts.  He didn't respond to the incident when he saw
that the folks he put in charge were not doing their job.  That's his
failure as a leader.  It has nothing to do in this case with
conservatism
or lack there of, or any war anywhere, but rather a lack of good
leadership
with regard to this incident.
IT HAS TO DO WITH CONTINUING CUTTING TAXES (REMEMBER, WE HAD A SURPLUS?
AND IT'S 'YOUR MONEY' ?) NOW WE HAVE A DEFICIT, AND TAX CUTS CONTINUE.
AND FUNDING FOR PROJECTS DIMINISHES WITH DWINDLING FUNDS.
THOSE LUCKY FOLKS IN N.O. CAN BUILD THE CITY BACK ON THEIR SAVED
INHERITENCE (DEATH)TAX ALONE. (LOL) (BTW: FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW, THE
INHERITENCE TAX APPLIED ONLY TO MONEY OVER 1 MILLION OR 5 MILLION (SAME
DIFFERENCE FOR ME).

Now, is this starting to show a pattern??  Possibly.  POSSIBLY??? HE
SHOWS A PATTERN OF SLEEPING IN CLASS AND GETTING THE ANSWERS THE DAY
BEFORE THE TEST FROM RUMMY OR CHENEY.  AK