Juan Gutierrez wrote:

> If I have to explain it, that will fly right by you also

        Let's see, perhaps you believe that Fidel Castro is bad, or at least,
worse than the rest of us.  If Fidel Castro is bad then:

                1.  Everything he says is a lie.

                2.  Everything he does is evil.

                3.  The offer to send doctors and medicine is only "political
rhetoric".

        Therefore, when Fidel Castro offers to send trained medical doctors
to the U.S. to help with disaster relief, you likely believe that:

                1.  These can't be REAL doctors, or if they are, they're
inferior to
those trained in the U.S.

                2.  Since everyone in Cuba has to train in the army:

                                a) these doctors must be Special Forces troops

                                b) they would come to the U.S. with the intent
of overthrowing our
government and way of life.

        If the above is true, you likely ascribe to the paradigm of:

                1.  American society is terribly vulnerable to the subversive
influence of communist ideology.

                2.  The threat of this influence outweighs any benefit of Fidel
Castro's offer.

        Or perhaps:

                1.  We're so great we don't need no STINKING help!

                2.  Our own government is doing a splendid job of responding to
this
crisis.

        Have I outlined your position accurately, sir?

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca