Mike Weaver wrote:

> In all seriousness, can you really imagine US citizens taking up arms
> against Canada?  No one I know would.  I would go to jail first.

        Once the propaganda machine begins spewing its hate, bombs and
bullets can follow.  We've fought the Canadians before (and lost), but
I don't think the outcome would be the same this time around.

        I can image a couple of scenarios.  One involves the separatists in
Quebec actually pulling off a victory in a referendum.  I don't think
it would be too difficult to whip the American public into a frenzy
over Francophones who want to "disrupt" trade along the longest
undefended border in the world.

        Another involves energy and the NAFTA agreement.  Don't think for a
moment that we WOULDN'T go after Alberta and Northern BC.
Historically, we've had "48 or Fight" sentiment in the United States,
and I personally know many people who think the Stars and Stripes
should fly over territory beyond Hudson Bay.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind
http://www.newadventure.ca