Ray, it's been well known for many years that high concentrations
of methanol have a bad effect on light metals and their alloys, and on
many organic compounds used in engine intake systems. It's been so well
known for so long that the racers who use methanol fuel mostly all know
about and take precautions which they regard as routine. I would guess
they don't talk much about because it isn't news to them.

Low concentrations as resulting from the use of fuel line de-icer
apparently don't matter.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada