I may be getting in the middle here but FYI  I just purchased some 8"
Dia. Sch 40 PVC. It holds roughly 2.5 gallons per foot. they make a very
nice concentric reducer glue fitting  for the bottom that can be
threaded to your choice of sizes.  The Wall Thickness is heavy enough
you can drill and tap side fittings for your pump/gage taps etc. you can
get a tee with clean out also.  2 part marine (putty stick) sticks real
well to if you prep with sand paper.  I am making mine about 10 gallons
each and making dual reactors with one wash tub. the pipe is about 5-6
bucks a foot and fittings run about 20 bucks each.

Wisdom to all,
Jim