Marty Phee wrote:

> http://www.canada.com/montreal/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=cfeb17de-d945-4db4-87a6-090911200e96&page=1

        Ok, I'm trying REALLY hard not to laugh at statements like:

                "Most internal combustion engines operate at about 35 per cent
efficiency. This means that only 35 per cent of the fuel is fully
burned. The rest either turns to carbon corroding the engine or goes
out the exhaust pipe as greenhouse gases."

        This person obviously has NO CLUE about how internal combustion works!

        Now, having written this, a modest mixture of hydrogen introduced
into the air / fuel mixture WILL increase efficiency, but
incrementally, not monumentally.  An important question to ask is this:

        "Does the amount of energy supplied by the battery to produce the
hydrogen exceed the calorific value of the hydrogen itself, and if
not, does the slight increase in combustion efficiency warrant the
extra fuel burned to generate that electricity within the vehicle's
alternator?"

        If we're really desperate to increase efficiency, then we need to
look at electric motive power.  Hydrogen boost is NOT the solution to
our energy problems.

robert luis rabello
"The Edge of Justice"
Adventure for Your Mind