Hallo Zeke,

Friday, 23 September, 2005, 12:43:20, you wrote:

ZY> Yes -- our capabilities have expanded alot since then.  Some of those
ZY> other countries did take out their entire "world" too -- it just
ZY> happened to be one river basin was the extent of their reach.  Global
ZY> warming does present more disturbing questions about rebuilding
ZY> however, since there is no "somewhere else" to rise.

Perhaps   this   is   not   worth   quibbling about but it was not the
"entire"  world which was taken out but rather the entire known world.
A significant difference.

ZY> I wonder if any of the dinosaurs were intelligent enough to wonder
ZY> what was happening to their world (talking of the climate and plant
ZY> changes, before the comet hit and sort of finished it)

And  I  am  wondering how many people are intelligent enough to wonder
what  is  happening  rather  than  take the word of some talking heads
representing  mammon  and selfish interests to both the short and long
term interests of the rest of humanity and the environment with all it
contains.

...snip...

Happy Happy,

Gustl
--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
********
We can't change the winds but we can adjust our sails.
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Straße liegen,
daß sie gerade deshalb von der gewöhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth