S,

Look up "hose" or "hydraulic" in your area.  If you're in the U.S., you'll likely find a hose house near you.  The choices that these places offer are generally great.  There are atleast three advantages: you'll probably be supporting the local economy, they have access to the catalogs and reference material that can tell you both what the right stuff is for the job (they normally know or can find pressure/vacuum ratings and resistances also) , and you will probably need them again so, you're more likely to talk to the same Schmoe again.  That will save you some time.  Plus, its what they do.

I've worked in a couple of hydraulic shops and I always got excited to help someone that was doing something different.

Good luck,
Take care,
Ken