>Kim,
>
>I am currently driving a Renault Scenic 2001 powered by an
>intercooled turbo direct injection diesel engine. The owner's manual
>mentions that rapeseed oil should not be used under any
>circumstance. I have been asking the reasons but there has not been
>any response.

You asked here and got some responses. You've been using biodiesel
for 7,000 miles so far. The Renault is a French car and certainly
uses biodiesel, including rapeseed biodiesel, in France, where all
diesel fuel contains biodiesel, usually rapeseed biodiesel.

It almost certainly refers to using the rapeseed oil itself as
straight vegetable oil fuel, which you certainly shouldn't do without
a professional SVO conversion to the engine. I'd say the reason it
specifies rapeseed oil is because that's what straight vegetable oil
fuel usually is in Europe, and it's often called that too. IMO the
restriction in your owner's manual refers to using straight vegetable
oil without a conversion, nothing in particular about rapeseed oil
itself.

Best wishes

Keith