Greetings,
I too kill my own animals, we put their names on the package of meat and
remember them when we eat them, giving thanks for their life
energies.  Even the Dali Lama is only vegetarian half the time, as the
stress of traveling weakens him too much on a strict vegetarian diet.  Many
of us get sick not eating meat.  Now, I am not saying that I need a 16
ounce steak for dinner every night, and I do not eat factory farmed meat,
cause that will make me sick, too.  For some of us, we see the spiritual
connection between the animal and ourselves, when we eat it, and treat the
whole thing in a spiritual manner.

I talk to my animals and thank them for their life energies before I kill
them.  I wish them a longer and happier life in their next incarnation, and
they stay very calm, stand still and let me kill them.

Chickens are the easiest animal to kill, rabbits the hardest, for me.

Bright Blessings,
Kim