Michael,

Do not rely on a magic bullet.  Do what you can and if you must, consider drastic options.  Weight  Loss Surgery (WLS) is not a magic bullet but a tool to help with the process of weight loss.

Some suggestions,  Eat protien forward.  That is eat your meat first.  Slowly.  Eat your vegetables next.  Raw is better because it causes your gut to work a little harder.  Fruits next, again slowly.  If you still need a carbo-fix, try brown rice or unrefined items like wild rice or whole wheat pasta.

Don't drink with your meals.  No water, no milk no beer. (that last one was tough for me.)

Excersize.  Walk.  Ride a bike or garden. Any activity is good just do it.  I like walking.  It gives me time to reflect on some of the things that I need to deal with on a daily basis.

Please keep in mind that I did all of those things and still had issues with food and eating.  I did WLS and have been very successfull.  It still is work.

You can contact me offlist if you like,

fred