I have only heard anyone complain about this if they are driving a fairly low-powered car to begin with.
My Golf, which is fairly hot-rodded, has a ton of power and still gets over 40 in town.  I drove from DC to Maine on homebrew b100
and really didn't notice any difference.  I did think the mileage dropped, but I has also going 70 or so the whole way.
I've noticed this car gets 50+ if I keep the motor at 1900 rpm or lower, (59 mph), and begins to drop significantly as the rev's go up.
I wish I had a 6 speed!

-Mike

Zeke Yewdall wrote:
Agreed.  The only loss of power from B100 that I get it when the
filter clogs up from all the gunk it cleaned out of the fuel system,
which you can't really blame on the fuel characteristics as much as
poor maintenance and dirty diesel fuel previously.