Some pictures here of Kyoto City's biodiesel plant:
http://www.e-revo.jp/new/sisetu-sinnsetu.html

Technology provided by Revo International (Japanese company), plant
built by Hitachi Shipping company (official English name not known).

The plant "can make" 5,000 litres of biodiesel a day.

The construction cost was 751,000,000 yen, about US$7,500,000.

We tested some biodiesel from Revo. Strong smell of methanol and the
completion wasn't good.

This project has been fueling one of the city's garbage truck fleets
since 1999 I think and nothing else has happened. The biodiesel plant
apparently runs at a profit made from guided tours of the plant.

In Japan a small, 100-litre per day batch reactor costs anything from
US$70,000 to about $200,000, flogged by various companies. They can't
handle much FFA if any. Some have been sold but very few are used,
they just stand there doing nothing. Where they are used the fuel is
poor quality, usually poor completion.

This is one reason Handmade Biodiesel a la Journey to Forever was
such an unknown concept here in Japan, that anyone can make biodiesel
and you can make the processor out of bits of junk. It's not unknown
now though.

Best wishes