Remember that water weighs 1 kilogram per litre, by the original
definition of the litre. If Joe's specific gravity for the oil of
0.92 is exact, then the oil weighs 920 grams per litre.

Is the 1.0% supposed to be the amount of lye *solution* per litre of
oil (which would raise the question of what concentration), or the
amount of actual NaOH?

Also remember that the Imperial and U.S. systems are not the same.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada