After doing some (about 3 hours worth) of research, I have not found any
straight answers regarding the use of bio-diesel in the Jeep Liberty with
the VM 2.8 liter CRD (common rail diesel). As a state and ASE certified
master mechanic at a Chrysler/Jeep dealership, my coworkers and I have alot
of interest in the compatibility of bio-diesel with this new engine option.
DCX and VM Industries both state that #2 diesel is the preferred fuel but
don't say anything about bio-diesel in any percentage. My interest is in
making my own WVO bio-diesel to use in a Liberty but also in the
compatibility and availability of the "premixed" BDs (B2, B20, ETC) in the
greater Detroit area. Particularly in the Warren, Eastpoint, Roseville
areas. Does anyone have and hands on experience with the Liberty CRD?
--
WOW! Homepage (http://www.wowway.com)