As for the pump harbor freight has a 1’’ clear water pump $37.00 aprox also available on line I use one for 120 liters no problem as of yet and at the price you cant go wrong.

Immersion heater stainless steel would be good but I work to hard to pay so much for that so I use a standerd 240 volt unit with 110 v supply. Works good. Don’t let it go dry.

Good luck Derick

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrew Leven
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 5:21 PM
To: Biofuel@sustainablelists.org
Subject: [Biofuel] mixing and heating biodiesel

I am setting up my processor and want to use a pump to mix. What type and size of pump would be suitable for  15-20 gallon batch. Does it have to be resistant to methanol and lye mix as well as fry oil?  Also when using an immersion heater for the heat source is is critical that it also be resistant ie; stainlesss or can a steel unit withstand the mix for a long time before needing replacement?

Andrew Leven