Right, so, I think I may be successful here!

Have a batch that I mixed up a few days ago, using a modified for local materials version of the Test Batch processor on the site.

Good clean separation of the two layers when I let it settle in a translucent HDPE container. (I have a dozen of them now... I love working in the restaurant industry!).

Took 20mL of the top layer, 20mL of room temperature water, stuck them in a 50mL vial, and proceeded to shake the crap out of it. Shook it up like that for a good 7-10 minutes, enough that I was positively certain everything was really mingling about and getting social in there.

Set it up on top of the desk shelf over the computer, and set the timer for ten minutes, fifteen minutes, and thirty minutes.

Ten minutes passed, and there was visible separation. Cloudy water on the bottom, a kinda thickish white layer in the middle, and amber-yellow non-hazy liquid at the top.

Fifteen, and the layer in the middle was quite almost gone.

After thirty, it's only barely thicker than paper thin. However, there is a band of hazy amber-yellow liquid on top of it; it's thin too. Is this normal?

So, have I done it, or do I still need to tweak?

Peace
-Kurt