This weekend I will be attempting to use KOH instead of Lye. I got a deal on
a 50 lb bag of KOH but I don't know what the purity is. I'm not sure how to
titrate to determine the purity so here is what I am going to try.

I'll make 3 batches, Batch 1 I will assume 99% pure and use 4.9 grams, batch
2 I will assume 92% pure and use 5.3 grams and batch 3 I will assume 85%
purity and use 5.8 grams. I will be using new oil and see which batch turns
out good and passes the shake test.
  Is this a good way to determine the purity?

Any help is appreciated here.