I'm putting on my gardening sweater now.

Some of my neighbors are fine - one guy across the street ran into the
local Gestapo when he built an addition.  He prevailed, but they all
whined and carried on.  He's always quite pleasant, if fact, if he's
having an outdoor shindig he'll politely ask he if I can chainsaw later,
and I always do.  HE gets fresh vegetables from my garden, AND gets use
of all my tools.  In fact, I went and dropped a tree for him - no charge.

Next door neighbor (with an illegal business out of her house) came over
to order me to stop running the woodstove.  I did re-do the chimney with
a professional sweep so that there's virtually no fly ash, but no, she
doesn't like the smell.  I don't much care for the smell of her 8 limo's
idling but not much I can do about it.

I downloaded and read the municipal code.  I built my shed to fit the
specs - it's actually quite large, and legal.  It just doesn't have
poured footings - I used concrete blocks sunk in the ground.  Perfectly
sturdy.

They complain all the time, but the code enforcement guy just rolls his
eyes at them and sends back his report "no violations found."

The parking person usually just calls and I tell him everything is fine.

There's one in every crowd!