From: "bob allen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Biofuel@sustainablelists.org>
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Absolute ethanol

Francisco, there is still some 4 or 5 % missing here.  My only concern is
that the missing per
centage is water.   It says .2% water but it doesn't add up.  If the missing
mass is water, it won't
work.  Water makes soap, not biofuel.  And with ethanol it is very, very
important.

If the remainder is a hydrocarbon denaturant, then it should be no problem
as small amounts of
hydrocarbons don't interfere. My recommendation is try it on a small scale
and see if it works.

good luck

francisco j burgos wrote:
> Dear Mr. Bob Allen:
> Here are label indications
>
> ETHANOL 95%
> ABSOLUT ETHYL ALCOHOL
>
> Minimum Assay: 95% (V/V) Boiling point 78.5 ºC (br 0.5ºC)
> Density:  1 L = 0.79 kg
> MAXIMIM LIMITS OF IMPURITIES
> Acidity (acetic acid)               0.001%
> Alkalinity (NH3)                    0.0001%
> Carboxilic compounds (CO)  0.00005%
> Color (APHA)                     10
> Isopropyl alcohol                    0.003
> Methanol                                0.01
> Residue on evaporation           0.001%
> Substances reducing (09 5m    0.0003%
> H2O                                       0.2%
> Al                                           0.00005%
> Thanks,
> Mr. F.J. Burgos

Bob Allen
http://ozarker.org/bob

"Science is what we have learned about how to keep
from fooling ourselves" - Richard Feynman

messages):